Mikey and Donya are joined by Michal for this week’s Resistance Radio, to talk droids, virtual reality, and John Boyega, excellent human.
– Michal introduces herself and gives us a run down of her Star Wars history.
– There’s a virtual reality experience coming to the HTC Vive, which’ll take us to Tatooine.
– Star Wars Battlefront is also coming to Playstation VR.
– The role of young Han Solo has been narrowed down to three prospective actors. We discuss them, and whether we need a Han Solo movie.
– Secrets of The Force Awakens got its first trailer. We get excited about going behind the scenes, and Mikey shares an awesome post about editing Star Wars.
– John Boyega continues to be a fantastic person, and visited some children at hospital. Michal gives everyone emotions about Mark Hamill, and shares a story about Daisy Ridley turning down an invite to a formal.
– Our Spotlight this week is all about the droids — specifically C-3PO, R2-D2 and BB-8.
– We look at C-3PO and R2-D2’s introduction and whether they’re purely comic relief for us.
– Why didn’t Owen Lars recognise C-3PO in Episode IV?
– Er, we get a little deep on the ethics of wiping a droid’s mind, which spirals off onto the treatment of droids in the Star Wars universe.
– Do all droids have such unique personalities? Or is it limited to just C-3PO, R2, and BB-8?
– When did we fall in love with BB-8? Did he steal our hearts in the trailer, or did it take a little longer?
– We get sidetracked by some of our favorite BB-8 moments from The Force Awakens.