Kylo Ren video we discuss in our upcoming episode of Resistance Radio.
Mikey and Donya are back for an all-new Resistance Radio episode with all the latest Episode VIII news and a Spotlight on Chewbacca.
Mikey and Donya are joined by Michal for a Resistance Radio episode all about Star Wars: Rebels. Oh, and a Rogue One trailer happened too.
Eric is back to join Mikey and Donya for Resistance Radio episode 8, along with guest-host Brent, to discuss all things Obi-Wan, some Rebels news, as well as a special announcement.
– We kick things off with a special announcement. You’ll be able to meet us at Indy PopCon this year!
– As always, Brent tells us all about his Star Wars history — and a recent development in his Star Wars present.
– The promotion for the DVD and Blu-ray release of The Force Awakens has been ramping up. We run through our most anticipated features.
– Zachary Antell has done a side-by-side video comparing the similarities between A New Hope and The Force Awakens. But are some of them reaching just a little bit?
– According to Jake Lloyd, there’s a six hour cut of The Phantom Menace out in the wild. More podracing?
– Buzzfeed released a clip of Daisy Ridley’s audition for The Force Awakens. We’re pretty impressed at her ability to cry on demand.
– Adam Driver gave an update on Episode VIII‘s progress. What do you mean it’s not a whole film about Luke and Rey training?
– Faloni recently tweeted that Rex may be in the Original Trilogy. Specifically, that “old guy” on Endor during Return of the Jedi.
– Rebels season 2 is coming to an end, and we’re dedicating a whole episode to it next week!
– This week’s Spotlight topic is all about Obi-Wan Kenobi.
– We talk about the disconnect between the Obi-Wan of the Original Trilogy and the Prequels.
– Was Obi-Wan ready for a padawan when he took on Anakin?
– If Anakin hadn’t fallen to the Dark Side, and Padme has survived, would Obi-Wan have helped with Luke and Leia?
– Does some of the blame for Anakin’s fall lie with Obi-Wan? If Qui-Gon had lived beyond Phantom Menace would things have turned out differently?
– The Jedi forbade attachments, but was Obi-Wan’s familial love for Anakin what caused his blind spot?
– What did Obi-Wan’s involvement in The Force Awakens mean. Could we see a return of his Force ghost?
– If Obi-Wan got a solo movie of his own, what would we like to see?
– We leave you with our final Obi-Wan thoughts — like his position as number one Wham fan.
Resistance Radio hosts Mikey and Donya are joined by Kristen to talk about Big Deal of the Resistance, Finn, some upcoming comics, and a possible funeral for you-know-who.
– As with all our new guest hosts, we have Kristen tell us about her Star Wars history.
– There’s some new Rogue One news. No, not a trailer. But it is getting a tie-in comic.
– Could we be getting a funeral for you-know-who in Episode VIII? We mull over the possibility.
– A bonus clip of Maz from The Force Awakens DVD was released, giving us a behind-the-scenes look at how she was brought to life.
– Taron Egerton appeared on the Jonathan Ross show to quash those Han Solo rumors. Or, did he?
– Donya asks what everyone’s obsession with getting Welsh people to say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.
– We get Donya to say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, and Mikey makes it into a ringtone.
– The cover art for The Force Awakens comic adaptation has been revealed. What’s our verdict so far?
– We check back in on the This is Madness tournament to see how Donya’s predictions are fairing. Spoiler: not amazingly.
– This week’s Spotlight topic is all about FN-2187, a.k.a. Finn.
– Thanks to Before the Awakening, we have a better understanding of Finn’s life in The First Order.
– We run through Finn’s squad, and his lack of a nickname — and then get emotional about Poe giving him a name.
– Finn was on his way to becoming an Officer, he just had one flaw. We talk a bit about Finn’s compassion.
– What do Stormtroopers do in their downtime?
– We discuss Finn’s role in The Force Awakens and whether he’ll stay when he recovers from his injuries.
– What’s next for Finn in Episode VII?? Will we see a showdown between Finn and Phasma?
– Mikey closes us out with a final though on Finn’s potential origins…
Mikey and Donya are joined by Michal for this week’s Resistance Radio, to talk droids, virtual reality, and John Boyega, excellent human.
– Michal introduces herself and gives us a run down of her Star Wars history.
– There’s a virtual reality experience coming to the HTC Vive, which’ll take us to Tatooine.
– Star Wars Battlefront is also coming to Playstation VR.
– The role of young Han Solo has been narrowed down to three prospective actors. We discuss them, and whether we need a Han Solo movie.
– Secrets of The Force Awakens got its first trailer. We get excited about going behind the scenes, and Mikey shares an awesome post about editing Star Wars.
– John Boyega continues to be a fantastic person, and visited some children at hospital. Michal gives everyone emotions about Mark Hamill, and shares a story about Daisy Ridley turning down an invite to a formal.
– Our Spotlight this week is all about the droids — specifically C-3PO, R2-D2 and BB-8.
– We look at C-3PO and R2-D2’s introduction and whether they’re purely comic relief for us.
– Why didn’t Owen Lars recognise C-3PO in Episode IV?
– Er, we get a little deep on the ethics of wiping a droid’s mind, which spirals off onto the treatment of droids in the Star Wars universe.
– Do all droids have such unique personalities? Or is it limited to just C-3PO, R2, and BB-8?
– When did we fall in love with BB-8? Did he steal our hearts in the trailer, or did it take a little longer?
– We get sidetracked by some of our favorite BB-8 moments from The Force Awakens.
Mikey and Donya are back to chat about everything from Star Wars March Madness, to Darth Maul: Apprentice, to Leia Organa with guest hosts Ariana and Danielle.
- We welcome Ariana and Danielle to Resistance Radio, and get them to give us their Star Wars history.
- Starwars.com’s This is Madness tournament kicks off on March 14. We take a look at some of the brackets and who we think might win each round.
- A new fan film called Darth Maul: Apprentice has taken the internet by storm. Though, we have some opinions about the fight scene comparisons to The Force Awakens.
- Looks like that Target exclusive for The Force Awakens may not be so exclusive after all.
- Bob Iger confirms that the Han Solo movie will feature Chewbacca. Donya offers up a casting suggestion, and we get carried away imagining the possibilities for this movie.
- Some Rogue One footage made it online, supposedly. We break down whether or not this footage is real and compare it to what leaked from Star Wars Celebration.
- Here comes the General (rise up!). That’s right, this week’s Spotlight topic is all about Leia Organa.
- Interestingly, Leia is referred to as General Organa in all Star Wars materials. We talk about this choice, and the assumption that Ben is Ben Solo.
- We look back at Leia’s upbringing as a Princess of Alderaan, and how different that may have turned out had she been raised by Anakin.
- Leia is also a Senator. We discuss the little we know about her involvement with the Senate and New Republic — well, until we get Bloodline.
- In The Force Awakens, Leia is finally a General. Was that a long time coming? We look at how she leads both the Rebel Alliance and the Resistance.
- How does Leia’s Force Sensitivity manifest? We offer up some theories, as well as how others may choose to use the Force outside of the Jedi Order.
- Ariana throws down with Mikey over Rey’s parentage – Ariana thinks she’s Leia’s daughter, and well. We all know Mikey’s thoughts.
- Did Mark Hamill accidentally confirm Rey is his daughter though? Only time will tell.
Visit Hypable to download our latest episode.
Mikey and Donya are joined by returning guest-host, Andrew, and Matt Britton to discuss all the latest a-Maz-ing Star Wars news. From the Disneyland 60 announcements to Episode VIII, there’s plenty to talk about!
- Andrew is back, and he’s brought a friend! Matt tells us about his Star Wars history.
- We kick things off with the Disneyland 60 news, and theorize about how that Millennium Falcon ride might work.
- The Saturn Awards re-categorized John Boyega to Best Lead Actor. We weigh in on the controversy, and whether it was the right choice.
- Daisy Ridley spoke a bit about Episode VIII at the Oscars, and working alongside Mark Hamill and Luke. But, more importantly, will she lose a hand?
- Lego: Star Wars Droid Tales is now out on DVD! Well, at least it is for some of the hosts.
- Boyega is on our side! He recently petitioned Battlefront to include a story mode, and may be taking the argument to their doorstep.
- Well, thanks to Peter Mayhew we have a definitive answer to whether or not Han shot first. (Spoiler: He did.)
- Disney officially announced the release details for The Force Awakens on DVD and Blu-ray, and we’re a little spoilt for choice when it comes to cover art.
- This week, we’re turning our Spotlight on Maz Kanata. Mikey gives everyone a refresher on who she is, and what we learned about her in The Force Awakens.
- As Maz is over 1000 years old, how much does she really know?
- JJ Abrams has said that Maz’s eyes are very important. Matt has a theory about why that might be.
- We discuss the deleted scene from the trailer and her connection to Luke’s lightsaber.
- Could we see Maz show up in some of the Star Wars Anthology films? Mikey and Donya have some thoughts as to which would make the most sense to see her in.
- “Where’s my boyfriend?” Mikey might have a favorite ship from The Force Awakens and be about to embark on a budding fanfiction career.
- We break down Maz’s Force sensitivity a little more, thanks to The Force Awakens novelisation. What does she know about Rey?
- Maz will return in Episode VIII, and we’re all pretty excited about the possibility.
- (But don’t forget. She knows.)